[Gllug] Duplicate debian setup

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Tue Nov 6 16:38:26 UTC 2001

> 3) Take the disk out of my work PC and make a direct copy.

Use multiCD to copy the whole FS to CD's (assuming you have a CD-burner
on PC at work or access to one, you can probably set it up just to
create ISO's then move them to box with burner).  Then boot home PC with
normal install CD, partition disk the same as work one a and copy all
files from work PC CD's to new partitions.  Reboot and use rescue
root=/dev/root-partition-used, run lilo and it should work.  Need to
partition home disc to same as work one. From what I remember multiCD
doesn't do ISO images they are ext2 this wont be a problem since it's
Linux to Linux.

blurb from multicd page.
"multiCD provides an easy way to backup a large number of files to
multiple CDs. Give
multiCD the files/directories you want backed up and it will create as
many CDs as it
needs to, prompting the user to put in a new disc whenever needed. It
can be configured             to run in a multi-threading mode, where it
will burn one image to a disc while it is
copying files to another image."

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk