[Gllug] [OT] Mailman setup?

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 13:14:15 UTC 2001

Off topic on a Linux list.

I'm looking for hints and tips on setting up Mailman
email list management.

I've downloaded the source,
but have decided for the moment to install as an RPM.
(Maybe I will regret this, but the RPM route is quicker).

Anyway, the problem I am having at the moment is that the
http://server/listinfo  page is claiming that there are
no publicly-advertised lists.
Yet I have gone to the admin page of my test list (pizza), and have
explicitly set it to advertise - and a dump of the list database
says that the advertise parameter is set to 1.

Also, when I run the CGI As root froma  command line I get the
'correct' answer, is that the pizza list exists.

Anyone met this problem before?
>From my description, I think the most likely thing is the user
under which the cgi's are being run or something - but I haven't
hit on the right thing to do.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk