[Gllug] Office software -> c/c++ debate

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 17 22:15:34 UTC 2001

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Bruce Richardson spake:
> Learn C first.  There's so much C code out there it's just an A+ useful
> skill.  Then learn a little C++ and see how you like it.  OO programming
> is a definite buzz IMO but many feel that C++ is a mess (and C++
> compilers even messier).

C++ does not mean OO. Most C++ programs I write have comparatively few
classes in them and almost no use of inheritance (but they use *lots* of
templates and STL stuff).

--
`You're the only person I know who can't tell the difference
 between a pair of trousers and a desk.' --- Kieran, to me

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk