[Gllug] Gates, self proclaimed father of open-source

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Fri Nov 9 17:54:15 UTC 2001

* Paul Brazier (pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk) wrote:
> The free market doesn't work as it is supposed to under a monopoly. It
> may not be stealing in the legal sense but it still is stealing in my
> opinion.

Ok I'm gonna have to say something dangerous - MS doesn't hold a monopoly
because its evil, its because they make products that work for most people
most of the time.

> Even if this is true they'd still be multi-millionaires.
> They're really just exchanging money for power.
> A little old lady who gives a pound out of her pension is a far more
> impressive show of generosity.

So he should just keep all his money? You want him to become a tramp?

These people did actually work very hard to get where they are, its not
all a big accident.

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk