[Gllug] apt-get tab complete

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at online.no
Tue Oct 16 17:54:40 UTC 2001

* Kim Hawtin <kim at aldigital.co.uk> spake thus:
> > Hi Stig,
> >
> > very nice mate I intend to try it later, many thanks to your mate and to
> > you for thinking of us. :-)
>

> hmm when i run it on login i get complete: command not found ... =/

Hi Kim,

Complete is a bash built-in, but I don't know whether you need bash2 for
it to work as intended. If you are not using bash(2) (why?), then most
likely it will not work. Here is some output from my system:

Arwen:~/uni/ait307/work$ bash --version
GNU bash, version 2.05.0(1)-release (i386-pc-linux-gnu)

The relevant info in the manpage is easily found with

/Completing
and
/Programmable\ Completion

HTH :)