[Gllug] dabs.com - Search Products

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Oct 23 09:50:08 UTC 2001

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 08:40:27AM +0100, robin.c.smith at bt.com wrote:
> Any recommendations for an online hardware company?

Not so much a recommendation, but a warning: www.scan.co.uk. I've not
managed to get a single order through them without significant
hassles, and their customer service is little better than a joke.

I've reserved a small piece of bile specifically for when I make it
past the front line monkeys to talk to someone that can do something
about the whole situation. Mail me off list for the full "why I can't
stand them" story.

On a more positive note, RL Supplies are wonderful. The prices are
okay, and their customer service is excellent, IME. To illustrate:
there was one time when I placed a reasonably large order with them,
but part of the kit was out of stock, and there was a delay getting
the part in. Not only did they offer to ship me the order in two
deliveries, with the delayed part being delivered for free, but they
gave me regular (every day or two) updates on what was happening.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?"
     Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk