[Gllug] Nothing Simple

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 17:31:34 UTC 2001

> At the moment if I change to runlevel 5 I get the login asking all
> the usual questions etc but the blooming mouse still wants to head
> North East.

I note from an earlier post that you have changed the mouse. Did you
update your X settings to accomodate this change? it'll be
/etc/X11/XF86Config or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 depending on your setup.

> After ranting and raving about how easy Linux is to install I have
> had to bite my lip.

If you are pushed for time it might be worth considering a fresh
install. Then you can switch desktops using Kdm or Gdm. Obviously
you'll want to back everything up first :-)

> Maybe someone upstairs is trying to tell me something like get rid of
> the mouse or stay away from PC's.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Apparently.

Huw

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk