[Gllug] Reiserfs faster boot

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 18:14:32 UTC 2001

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, William Palfreman yowled:
> That's interesting.  Is there anything else you need to do, like update
> the mke2fs utility?

You need a e2fsprogs >= 1.16, a 2.4 kernel, a filesystem mkfsed under
that kernel and... oh, hell, no version of the findutils supports it
yet, that I can see, althugh the appropriate macros are present in
4.1.7.

When I move to 2.4 somewhere here I'll whip up a patch (and post it here
if anyone really cares); it should speed up updatedb and `find -name'
quite a lot.

(Moving to 2.4 is item #4 on my todo list, marked `when the VM settles
down'.

--
`A truly dreadful film destined to be a cult classic for masochists.'
                                              --- Chris Priest on _A.I._.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk