[Gllug] StarOffice

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 16:40:27 UTC 2001

On Tue, 2001-10-23 at 18:10, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >In my attempts to get away from MS I have downloaded StarOffice 5.2 and I am
> >now wondering how to install it.
>
> Don't bother. It's not worth the effort. Either use the 6.0 beta, or
> wait until 6.0 proper is released.

I disagree with this.

I agree that the beta is pretty and the filters work well.

The betas do not have the scheduling and tasks of which I find very
useful.

I have also found that in certain documents the Betas alter the spacing
on printing.  If you are only using for electronic docs then yes it is
fine.

(I found this out after working on a friends CV converted from M$ word.
I tried moving from the beta to 5.2 after an hour and all was happy
again)

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk