[Gllug] password collection

Darren Evans devans at presscentre.net
Wed Oct 24 10:42:44 UTC 2001

Thanks for your email.

That line of thinking usually goes if you want a secure
system then don't put it on the internet.  This is just
impractical and compromises have to be made.

It's also partly down to how well wrote the application
is, and and overall security of the system and network
it's stored on etc etc etc.

>From 1 point of view, everything is a security risk,
as i'm sure you know.

Absolutely nothing new here.

I found a couple of password managers, i'd be interested
in your technical analysis of a) the encryption they use
b) their design c) past issues d) the tradeoff

http://fpm.sourceforge.net/
http://gpasman.nl.linux.org/

Regards,
Darren