[Gllug] ATHLON MP MOTHERBOARDS

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 09:06:24 UTC 2001

---------------------------------------
Message from:-
Tim Clarke  (tim at seacon.co.uk)
Seacon Holdings plc Group, London, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)1474 320000
      Fax: +44 (0)1474 329946
---------------------------------------

Xander asked about Atlon MP motherboards.

I did some searching on the net the other day by coincidence, and the only
refs I could find in the short space of time I had revealed that Tyan have
a motherboard in production and Asus are supposed to be releasing one imminently

Personally I think I will hang on for the Asus board (assuming the info is true)
as I have found their boards to be good quality and reliable (and I have a good
source of supply of same).

I also noted that AMD have only certified a couple of power supplies as suitable
to drive the monster, so you may also have a hard job find a suitable box to
put in !!

I would be interested in anyone else's experiences/comments

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk