[Gllug] Linux 2.4.12 & ADSL

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Thu Oct 18 15:12:28 UTC 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Jon Masters wrote:

> Richard Cohen writes:
>
> > Why the hell are you using the crappy Alcatel drivers?
>
> I'm using the Free kernel drivers at the moment and still I have
> these instability issues - if you're not having problems then
> good for you, and "you lucky bastard" :P

If you're using Alcatel's mgmt 'daemon', you're using their drivers.

If you're using Benoit's pppoa2 (or the pppoa3 I've heard about), you're
using the free drivers.

I've had a spate of hardware reboots recently (a new hard drive, more
memory, and a blown PSU), but I had a couple of months uptime before that,
with no kernel problems at all during that time.

> --jcm

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk