[Gllug] EU says 'oui' to spam

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 24 13:42:20 UTC 2001

> > we could always implement an email filtering system, that will
> only allow
> > you to receive email from known people.  could use PGP signed messages,
> > anything which you dont already have configured just gets returned to
> > sender.  hell it seems like this'll brake RFC compliance
> (probably, just a
> > guess), but then the standards arent quite working the way we
> would like,
> > and hence need rectifying.
>
> hey sounds like a kewl idea :) dunno about RFC either but I believe it's
> up to me what I use how to filter my mail!
>
> nobody has control over what i do or don't do with my mail, so i guess
> it's fine... .
>
> Rg, Axel
> http://smatrix.de/

I think this is precisely the wrong approach. The computers should be
serving ME!!! Or rather they should be serving the users rather than some
annoying dickhead in an ivory tower. Really, we're all technicaly savvy
people in one respect or another, there must be some action that we can take
to demonstrate the mind-bending stupidity of this descision. I refuse to
accept that I have to suffer the ignorance of a corrupt government.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk