[Gllug] Re: [OT] Google 403 Forbbiden

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 17:51:10 UTC 2001

Paul Brazier wrote:

> I had weird DNS resolution problems last night, kept getting "rndc:
> connect: connection refused" when I tried to restart my "named".
> Re-dialing (Demon) seemed to solve the problem but I've never had it
> before.
> I thought the problem was with my local named setup but perhaps this was
> causing it?

"Connection refused" from your local named is not going to be due to an
outside cause (unless some external influence has killed it). Something
has died locally. What version of bind do you use? Is there anything in
the scripts which run when you connect to Demon which does anything with
named e.g. restarting it? I assume that your named control channel is
set up correctly and that rndc normally does work.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk