[Gllug] Perl 5.6.1 ?

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Fri Oct 26 16:00:32 UTC 2001

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 04:46:31PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> Npulse in network monitoring software http://www.horsburgh.com/h_npulse.com
> So far so good.

> But it needs Perl 5.6.1, and I'm running Redhat 7.1
> Last time I compiled Perl from source and installed, I remember hours
> of endless joy.

Have you tried to run it under 5.6.0?

If so what happened? I'm curious as to what it needs from 5.6.1 that it
can't get from 5.6.0. although i might stop being lazy and download it in
work Monday.

> This might motivate me into upgrading.
Upgrading Perl is easy, it just takes a long time...

	Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk