[Gllug] [OT] Eating in London

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 14:35:00 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 14:20, you wrote:
> The grotty looking veggie indian restaurant in Chapel Market, Islington.
> This has an all you can eat lunch for £3.50 and they also have a good range
> of bottled beers. I don't normally like veggie food but this is good stuff.
>
> Robin

> I'll kick it off with two that are pretty good.
>
> - The noodle bar at Elephant & Castle - food as good as the stuff in the
> West End (Satsuma springs to mind) at a fraction of the cost - get there
> earlier for better food, monstrous portions any time.
> - '[The Original] Lahore Kebab House' - just off Commercial Rd near
> Whitechapel. Reasonable prices, basic service, BYOG, eat the lamb chops.

Khans on Westbourne Grove in Bayswater just around the corner from Whiteleys
on Queensway is good and cheap. The owners recently became more serious about
their Islamic roots so there is no booze and you can't BYO but it's still a
great place.

KFC on King St in Hammersmith is DIRE! Don't go there!! Not that you would.

--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk