[Gllug] Opinions on Smoothwall and other firewalls

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 09:00:22 UTC 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Robert Wood said:
> I use smoothwall on my home adsl connection and have converted two of my
> work colleagues to use it, i cannot fault it, and to be honest rate it
> highly, admitedly Richard Morrel is a bit abusive, but you get used to it,

You *get used to it*?! I guess you *can* get used to threats of physical
violence against your person (which he emits with regularity), but
wouldn't you rather use something like Freesco, or, hell, just about
*any* other firewalling distro, where you normally get (at the very
least) courteous responses?

(I haven't seen any death threats from Morrell yet. I guess this is a
positive point, but only in the loosest possible sense.)

Hell, all communities have the occasional flamewar and/or people getting
stuffy, but Morrell is far, far beyond the pale.

--
`A truly dreadful film destined to be a cult classic for masochists.'
                                              --- Chris Priest on _A.I._.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk