[Gllug] dual head X freezing?

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Wed Oct 17 16:05:31 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, October 17, 2001, at 04:07 PM, Steve Nicholson wrote:
> Problem: When I drag a window from one screen across to the other
> everything freezes accept the mouse, the pointer stays in the shape of
> the hand or four headed cross, I can move the mouse around the screen
> the window is in but not back to the other screen, does not respond to
> keyboard (ctrl+alt+del, or ctrl+atl+backspace to kill the xserver).  I
> have to turn off the power to reboot it.  This happens with the logon
> window as well for GDM, so I think it is something to do with X rather
> than gnome.

Rather than powering down to escape can you use ctrl+alt+F1-F6 to change
to console mode to kill X or ssh from a remote machine, some thing we had
to do a while back while trying to configuring X on an iMac

Peace Jim

"A computer is like an old testament god, lots of rules and no mercy"
--Joseph Campbell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk