[Gllug] The BBC and Microsoft.

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 07:04:16 UTC 2001

Dan Kolb wrote:

> This sounds like it may be pitched a bit over the top. Remember that if going
> on TV, programmes have to appeal to the general public, not just to clued-up
> people who know what a hard disk is :-)

Indeed, but we are assuming here that this is a BBC programme
(well - the thread IS headed 'BBC')

But how about thinking a little less grandly?
The satellite/cable channels have plenty of hours to fill.

And I'm sure a lot of people on the list can find contacts with the necessary
kit to make basic quality TV - say student TV, or people at college who want
to make programmes as a project.
IMHO, DV-Cam would be quite good enough quality.

BTW, if the media is provided I can get dubs of tapes done for distribution.

Is anybody REALLY serious about this - serious enough to script a fifteen minute
episode?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk