[Gllug] Strange Attractor Talk

Formi rcarrera at formi.org.uk
Thu Oct 4 13:19:51 UTC 2001

 Hi,

 following the thread, I have a question that at some point will need
 answering, I hope soon.

  I work on a voluntary basis for the Highbury Roundhouse Community Centre
 in Islington, they are planning to get some new computers, If they can
 find someone willing to give them the dosh.

  The main office and the computer classroom are about 50 metres away,
 nothing in the middle.

  Because the charity is keeping up with very limited resources, and now
 they have an ISDN line in the back building, I think it would be
 economically wise in the long run to get ADSL, and connect the networks
 in both buildings, wiring is not an option. NTL 25 UKP/M.

 Speed is not a problem I suppose 11 Mbit would be more than enough
 considering ADSL speed.

 How much would the hardware cost? And what hardware would be advisable?

 The back building with the classroom is connected through a P120, 24MB
 RAM, running SmoothWall 0.98. Now there are 6 computers, but we hope that
 we will add about 6 more. The office is running a mix of W98 and W95.
 Three PC's  in there.

 TIA.

                                                              Formi.

--