[Gllug] Ximain/GNOME strangeness

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Oct 15 15:19:37 UTC 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 04:07:59PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:

> I was sure that I was running Sawfish, as per Ximian defaults.
> Can anyone tell me how to make SURE that I'm running a certain
> window manager - ie. what files to poke and prod etc.

Flippantly, 'pstree' and take a look at what processes you're running?
Or 'ps' and 'grep'?

If you mean "which window manager is being started up automatically?",
you could poke about in your .xinitrc or .xsession files, though I'm
sure that this is teaching my Gran how to suck eggs. :)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
like an idiot." --- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk