[Gllug] 8139 driver problem

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Wed Sep 26 16:44:04 UTC 2001

Hi,

you may need to configure the card start off with the command ifconfig -a
it should tell you more than you ever needed to know about your NIC.  The
man ifconfig or info ifconfig commands should also help you to start
tracking down the problem.

If that fails you may want to check that you compiled rt8139 support in
your kernel lsmod is the command I think.

Peace Jim

"He who knows tells it not, he who tells knows it not." Lao Tsu

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk