[Gllug] Reading from the hard disc

James Bailey baileyj at bournemouth.ac.uk
Sun Sep 23 16:51:03 UTC 2001

Hi

I would like to write or find a small program that when run as root I can
read directly from the hard disc, i.e the inodes and data. I'm what it to
show during one of the classes I teach called MUOS. Multi User Op. Sys,
basically we look at Linux and slag off M$. I've done packet sniffing with
them. I wrote a simple c program which put the network into permisquouse
mode then sucked up ever ethernet frame that came its way. I got the
students to implement some simple filters and lookling inside the frames and
workout what the payload is, all good clean fun.

Any help on the hard disc reading would be greatfully received, I found like
to be able to show the students file fragmentation etc.

Thanks

James

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk