[Gllug] Mail servers, was: [Gllug] I found this link

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sun Sep 23 16:48:01 UTC 2001

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 04:31:43PM +0100, Alex Hudson wrote:
> Maildirs rock. I'm never going back to mbox - too problematic. Plus, most
> modern MTAs support it - such as Courier, for example. Maildirs are a real
> win for IMAP - you can have sub-Maildirs (usually works as having a
> .folder-name in Maildir, which then holds the usual cur/, new/, etc.) and
> it's all no problem.

Heh.  Wossname Crispin, the UW IMAP developer, explains its dodgy
support for subfolders by saying that he can't understand why people
want anything other than a flat mail directory layout in the first
place;)

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin