[Gllug] IDE cables

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Sep 14 13:14:25 UTC 2001

On Friday, 14 Sep 2001, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>This is why I have been moving my home systems over to SCSI as I replace
>parts.  With SCSI you just worry about whether your card is supported.
>If it is, everything else snaps into place.  To me this is worth the
>extra cost.

But there's always the seductive huge IDE drives trying to lure us off
course, alas.

[Slow machine here all IDE. Intermediate machine; DC-390-U2W, 45Gb in
3 SCSI discs [1], 60Gb in one IDE disc. Fast machine; DC-390-U2W, 22
Gb in 2 SCSI discs.]

On the flip side, us SCSI types get reliable CDRW drives and can fit
tape drives easily...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk