[Gllug] DHCP weirdness

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Sep 21 11:30:52 UTC 2001

On Fri 21 Sep, Rob Andrews made the following spurious claims:

> There's other things to consider too. If you're using one of those funky
> secure switches, it may be that the switch has port security turned on,
> which disables the port if the MAC address is not that of the one it's
> expecting. Since vmware creates a special MAC address for the virtual
> network bridge, this could be the case.

That would definitely be the problem _except_ that the adapter works
just fine and dandy when I use a randomly selected IP address.
Packets in and out, no problems.

Very weird.  I don't really have time to get to the bottom of it so I
think I'll just get assigned a static IP.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk