[Gllug] Hiring servers - uk2.net

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Wed Sep 26 13:12:41 UTC 2001

On 26 Sep 2001 13:36:48 +0100, will wrote:
> Personally I wouldn't use a cobalt raq at all, let alone from UK2.net.

Thanks for the post will, you saved me typing exactly the same thing. :)

The price isn't great, too.  At /last/ year's linux expo mailbox were
advertising co-locations for £45/mo, and I'd imagine you get a great
deal more service and help with that.  Personally, I'd grab a spare
low-end pentium or such and co-locate that somewhere like BlackCat or
Mailbox for less than £500/year.  The only reason I haven't done so is
that I already have two machines more powerful than my fastest home
box in data centres, and I'm running out of things to do with them.  :-)

~C.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk