[Gllug] Copy-protected CD's

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Apr 10 15:27:32 UTC 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 03:07:43PM +0000, Ian Baillie wrote:

> CD's should carry a label if they can't be played on a home computer, as this
> is a legitimate use of the product.

I found a tiny label on the inside cover of the CD sleeve on one
album. Quite how I was supposed to read this without first paying for
it is beyond me though. I suppose it falls into the same category of
dubious practices that putting "opening this envelope means you agree
to the license within the envolpe" does.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I only
coded it."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk