[Gllug] Anti-Aliased fonts in X/Gnome

mallum breakfast at 10.am
Mon Apr 8 11:52:19 UTC 2002

You probably just need some decent truetype fonts installed. If using
debian - apt-get install msttcorefonts .

gdkxft is a bit of a hack. If you really want good AA in gnome, you
may be best building a gnome2 beta ( check garnome ).

Also current X cvs has xft2 which is really meant to rock ...

  -- mallum

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk