[Gllug] Vim question

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 15:49:20 UTC 2002

On Monday 12 August 2002 12:14, David Damerell wrote:
> No, I didn't. Someone who, faced with words, can conceive of no
> response but force _is_ a little man; a pitiful throwback to a less
> civilised time.
>
> Not much better is the kind of person who is full of threats on Usenet
> or mailing lists (to people they've never met, no less) but at least
> has the wit to realise that carrying them out is simply likely to earn
> them a prison sentence; they may be ridiculous frauds but at least
> they _can_ confine themselves to the use of words.

As always, Dave has the last word, and I am defeated. He's right, I am a
little man. You win! Now, can we PLEASE stop making prats of ourselves, Mr
Damerell?

I posted for pure entertainment value (ignoring the "Don't Feed The Trolls"
sign), and found it hilarious that you subsequently found my further bait as
cloth cut to fit. However despite your insecurities I'm sure if I really met
you we'd get along famously, since it looks like we share common interests
eg. Linux, D&D and Cthulu. I was merely trying to point out that you really
shouldn't treat people on an online forum with any less respect than you
would if you were talking to them in the pub, where snide comments can
sometimes result in a sudden, sharp pain to the jaw region.

Cheers,
Jon.

--
Jonathan Harker