[Gllug] Vim question

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Mon Aug 12 16:01:08 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 17:49, Jonathan Harker wrote:
> On Monday 12 August 2002 12:14, David Damerell wrote:
> > No, I didn't. Someone who, faced with words, can conceive of no
> > response but force _is_ a little man; a pitiful throwback to a less
> > civilised time.
> >
> > Not much better is the kind of person who is full of threats on Usenet
> > or mailing lists (to people they've never met, no less) but at least
> > has the wit to realise that carrying them out is simply likely to earn
> > them a prison sentence; they may be ridiculous frauds but at least
> > they _can_ confine themselves to the use of words.
>
> As always, Dave has the last word, and I am defeated. He's right, I am a
> little man.

Actually, where I come from it is the little men you should be afraid
of.
Wee men quite often are agressive, and have something to prove.
Big men are more usually laid back, as they can fend you off with
a swipe of their muckle big fists.

So you heard it from me first - if you're ever in a pub in Glasgow,
don't elbow the wee man aside to get to the bar. Unless you want a
Govan kiss that is.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk