[Gllug] Nuclear Bunker (OT)

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Aug 12 16:01:01 UTC 2002

The front page of Consume describes a 70.5 kilometre link created
wirelessly between two islands in the Canaries:
http://www.consume.net/index2.php

By my reckoning that's about 43.8067 miles, which is more than the
stated 35 miles to a nearby area.  Of course islands are easier
because they tend to have a high bit in the middle and nothing
obstructing in between.  I don't know this part of the world, though I
have noticed there are few hills and certainly no mountains around
London.

So, it's possible.  Will probably require VERY focussed antennas
though: bought parabolics are the go.

Sounds like a fun experiment, at least, but I'll be on the other side
of the planet in December.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until
you can find a rock.
- Will Rogers