[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 22:18:39 UTC 2002

On 06 Aug 2002, Rich Walker uttered the following:
> And RMAIL/Gnus is bad because? [No, it's a serious question: I do my
> best typing in Emacs, so the idea that people who *could* use it
> *wouldn't* is ... worrying...] Admittedly, the emacs dependencies on X
> libraries can prove irritating,

There are no such dependencies.

Your *build* may have some, but Emacs and XEmacs don't depend on X at
all; they like it but don't depend on it.

>                                 but remembrance-agent should make up for
> that.

Do you know of anyone who's extended remembrance-agent to work with
newsgroups as well? (It'd involve adding a new message type to ra and
arranging for the Lisp code to ask Gnus for articles with a given
message-id when a hit is upon that sort of ID).

Hell, has anyone extended it to work with other than rmail (blech)?

It's on my todo list, but that list is not short :(

--
`There's something satisfying about killing JWZ over and over again.'
                                        -- 1i, personal communication

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk