[Gllug] Hardware recommendation, esp. SANs and shared storage

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Fri Aug 9 08:44:03 UTC 2002

>>. All I want it is a proper serial console. I shouldn't need an extra
>>card, drivers and windows software for that :-(
>
>What do you mean by "a proper serial console"?

One that works before the OS is loaded. So I can change the boot order
in the BIOS, mess around with other BIOS settings, and ideally power
cycle the machine. Apparently some Intel server boards have this, but
if you're paying for those, then x86 has lost its price advantage over
saner alternatives.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk