[Gllug] any have SoundBlaster PCI16 working in Linux?

Steve Nicholson steve.nicholson at yoursolutions.com
Fri Aug 16 00:51:40 UTC 2002

> If you mean that the speaker volume has no effect on the
> line-out level, then
> that's how it should be. Line audio is (by definition) fixed.
> You may find an
> 'output gain' on some cards, but not the lower range ones.

No I meant controlling the speaker jack, just looked at the help for
gmix.
Vol = This is the main volume fader.
Pcm = This fader controls the "wave" files.
Spkr = This fader controls the Speaker output jack

changing the Spkr has no effect on anything, Volume changes both line
out AND speaker jack.  As you say, I would expect line out to be
constant volume (not controlled by Vol) or have a "gain control", and
Spkr changed by Spkr/Vol.  At least I would expect them to be changed
independently or to be able to mute one (Spkr mute doesn't work).  If I
turn the stereo down I can still here the head-set crackling way on the
desk, I would like to be able to turn the head-set off rather than
groping round back of PC to unplug it.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk