[Gllug] ADSL Connection

Leigh Mason leigh at silkstream.net
Wed Aug 7 21:29:10 UTC 2002

I use http://www.lavron.co.uk technologies for my adsl connection. They
offer one static ip and unrestricted traffic for 24.99 per month.

I got hold of a ZyXel adsl router(with one ethernet port) and a pots
splitter from http://www.dsl-warehouse (no software needed) - The router has
NAT so all your LAN pc's use it as a gateway for internet access, it's
relatively straightforward to configure, the packet filter config is a bit
limited but mostly fine for home use.

Leigh