Accessibility (was Re: [Gllug] Argos site)

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Thu Aug 1 07:59:12 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 19:34, John Southern wrote:
> Warning - OT Ramble follows.
>
> Okay bit of background. Both my mother and brother are registered blind. This
> means they have very limited vision. Two different sight problems not linked.
> To add to this I am also going blind through a third condition so it is
> somewhat a personal crusade for me.

OK - I think we have the beginnings of a project here!

I've already got a small group together off-list (the fools!) who are
having their arms gently twisted to bring along a system to Linux Expo
to demonstrate a "small business desktop" with the latest Linux desktop
and Openoffice.

How about we have a demo system alongside with an accessible Linux
system?

I need volunteers here -
John - help and expertise. Maybe contacts with the Expo organisers, and
some space?

Dave - knowing you will be busy at the show... ???

Other volunteers - to man a display on a rota basis

Contact me off-list please

If there is enough interest I will try to make contacts with
Julie Howell at RNIB.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk