[Gllug] OT: Online Natwest banking

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Aug 15 09:29:54 UTC 2002

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 07:20:13PM +0100, Steve Nicholson wrote:
> looking through the archives I noticed this thread.  I have been using
> Netscape 4.7 (Debian Linux) to access Natwest Online banking with out
> any problems for the last week or more.

As you say later, Mozilla 5+ is a no-go as far as the Natwest site is
concerned. I posted a mail to them asking about DDA compliance
(working on the theory that if it's DDA compliant then they'll be well
on the way to being Mozilla compatable) and funnily enough the reply
came through this morning as a proper written letter (well, typed with
an ink signature)

 Sadly, somewhere along the chain of command the references to the DDA
got lost, so I just got a "we're working to make the site better"
letter that attempted to address my "screen reader concerns"

I'm moving to Smile, who provided a far faster, friendly response to
the same query that actually seemed to get to the heart of the problem
rather than addressing a symptom of it.

> hope this helps someone.

Thanks, Steve!

Cheers,

Simon

--
Bruce: How is Alice?
Vince: She had a "succesfull" demo against a bunch of archaeologist's

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk