[Gllug] Help me to deal with a UK spammer

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Dec 11 22:45:28 UTC 2002

Stig Brautaset wrote:
> On Dec 11 2002, Xander wrote:
>
>>for mail in `ls /dev`; do echo 'Thanks you for the offer of Low cost
>>waste disposal units; however I do not buy anything from unsolicited
>>calls or emails.  This is not unsolicited commercial mail, just a polite
>>but firm no thank you responding to a relationship initiated by
>>you.'|mail -s "Thanks for the offer of some Pampers"
>>responseemailaddy at spammer.com; sleep 1; done &tail -f
>

> Don't use a domain that is publicly available... Although spammer.com is
> not taken yet, it can be bought any day from buydomains.com .
I stuck that in as an example; however in use this would be the email
that the spammer has requested a response to or for Terms and conditions
etc.

>>/var/log/exim/exim_mainlog
>

>>This will only generate about 8,000 emails dependent of course upon the
>>contents of the /dev directory.
>

> Using
>
> 	for i in $(seq 1 8000); do ...
Thanks, good to learn something new everyday :-)

Kind regards
Xander

--
"What man has done, man can aspire to do."
-- Jerry Pournelle, about space flight

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk