[Gllug] Monitors - 15" LCD vs. 19" CRT

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 22:03:30 UTC 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Harry yowled:
> I think that the viewable area on a flat screen is as stated where on some
> so called 15" CRT the viewable area is not truly 15". When you put a 15"
> flat against a 15" tube the flat looks bigger (sounds awful, no smart
> remarks)

True --- but this is true of flat-fronted (e.g. Trinitron) CRT monitors
versus rounded-tube ones too.

I have no plans to ever get a rounded-tube monitor again, unless I'm
*terribly* short of money.

--
`However, if you want to detect whether (say, 1 in 1000) cars are being
 abducted by bunnies along their route, you've got a whole new problem.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk