[Gllug] netstat -pan --inet

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 9 11:04:55 UTC 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Vincent AE Scott moaned:
> Jackson, Harry(HJackson at colt-telecom.com)@Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 10:49:07AM -0000:
>>
>> As I am using a dial up so I decided to use squid to see if performance
>> would improve as I am most often on the same sites. I noticed a marked
>> improvement in surfability after I installed squid and will always be using
>> it in the future. Does junkbuster do caching?
>
> no, thats what squid does.  ijb, does advert filtering, pretty good most
> of the time.

And the wwwoffle does both, sort of :)

>> www.grc.com and look for Shields Up. It does a scan on various ports on your

Shields Up is known to be a slovenly piece of work, alas. Nessus or even
nmap do a much better job (but of course you need an
outside-of-your-firewall box to launch the attack from).

--
`It is to be proven that Linux Kernel is the most stable than MS Windows
 that it uses less stable.' --- Bryan Parkoff being very comprehensible

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk