[Gllug] netstat -pan --inet

Harry postituk at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 14:37:40 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nix" <nix at esperi.demon.co.uk>

> And the wwwoffle does both, sort of :)
>
> >> www.grc.com and look for Shields Up. It does a scan on various ports on
your

> Shields Up is known to be a slovenly piece of work, alas. Nessus or even
> nmap do a much better job (but of course you need an
> outside-of-your-firewall box to launch the attack from).

That's what I asked Bruce to do and it seemed to work ok after he decided
not to logon to my exim port and post me messages like

"Your Firewall is not working".

Is anyone else out there trying to tighten up there box and if so should we
have a time where people can scan each other to see what works and what
doesn't. I think my box is reasonably tight from an internet perspective.

Harry

---

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk