[Gllug] Help please - with following - non - starting Linux

John Rutter johnrutter at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 8 17:10:09 UTC 2002

I have Mandrake Linux 2.4.8-2.6Mdk installed as a dual boot with WME by myself.  I have the £56 Mandrake Linux 8.1 boxed set.  It installed no problem until
one day.  Now at the welcome screen the system freezes with the message:
"Kernal panic: VFS: Unable to to mount root fs on 03:05"
If you have any suggestions for getting roungd this problem I would be grateful.  I have tried to reinstall Linux but the existing partition is not recognised.  I have a
40 Gb hard disk split in 2 equal partitions.  Athlon 1.3 Ghz 128 Mb RAM
Thanks.
John Rutter

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk