[Gllug] Sony PS2

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Feb 8 13:37:26 UTC 2002

On Fri 08 Feb, tet at accucard.com made the following spurious claims:

> Considering it, particularly at the low price. However, rumour has
> it that they've disabled the useful bits, like being able to access
> the DVD drive, so it'll depend on whether they've crippled it too
> much to be useful.

It sounds like what you'll get access to is a hardware abstraction
layer.  So you'll be able to read only what they let you.

Course I think that will last about two weeks before someone gets to
the real hardware.  Then however people will need to start writing
real device drivers.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly.

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk