[Gllug] Intense Coding and Games LAN

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Jan 25 16:42:57 UTC 2002

Ian Norton(bredroll at atari.org)@Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 01:42:52AM +0000:
> Hiya
>
> me again, the darksiders and i are planning an event for late summer an/or
> early-mid december. the basic ideas are as below,
>
> summer event (plan 1) - 3 day event
> location: the bunker from g2000 (g2k)
> nice warm outside camping and bbq etc,
> at least a 60 node network, all sorts of nice
> geekyness and a divx cinema
>
> summer event (plan 2) - 3-4 day event
> location: university of essex campus
> everyone will have thier own room and each room has
> access to the internet with average speeds of 700k/sec,
> geekyness, divx, halflife but the main idea of this event is to
> make full use of the opensource coding method and development model,
> (suitable projects open for debate)
>
> winter event - 2-3 days
> location: the bunker (as above)
> same kind of idea, but as its cold we an stay inside, food included etc,
> games (cs, q3 etc) probably beowulf project for all to join into,
>

> thats most of it, i am mainly pitching the summer plan 2 here, but the others
> are fun, if you want to provisionally put your name down or  have some ideas or
> can provide us with network kit (switches and cables) then reply to me off
> list, bredroll at atari.org
>
> thanks folks
> bredroll

yep, i'm well up for any and all of the above.
altho i reckon plan2 might need some kinda communal area?  fast net
access would be nice, but a load of geeks each in there own rooms sounds
a bit 'isolated'

if you start a mailling for it, mention it on gllug, and i'll sign up to
it.

nice one geezar.  i missed last years party, as i was abroad, g2k was
smaaart IMCO.  hats off to you guys for organising it.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 C:\DOS C:\DOS\RUN RUN\DOS\RUN

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk