lUser Unsub methods - RE: [Gllug] Unsubscribe

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Sat Jan 12 15:51:13 UTC 2002

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Darran D. Rimron-Molloy wrote:

> A co-worker of mine has gone on to already theorise on an RPM based virii
> with part of the post-install scripts being re-sending it to everyone...

Wanna write one for fun? You stick an RPM together, I'll make it a Debian
package - how about that :) Now if you could get that in to Woody... :-)

> The only thing really missing is an "address book" :) I suppose she should
> start hacking on the Evolution source next :)

Nah most people using ldap at work or wherever probably have
ldap.<whatever> CNAMEd to their real server and I expect it would be
relatively trivial to use that in order to expand a list of addresses.
Then there's NIS maps, passwd files, it's all kinda there really.

Of course all this is just in good fun as I'm sure most people here
realise - but there's always one or two who think we're hard bend on
destroying the world when saying these sorts of things...

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk