lUser Unsub methods - RE: [Gllug] Unsubscribe

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy ddrm at digital-science.net
Sat Jan 12 16:02:26 UTC 2002

>> The only thing really missing is an "address book" :) I suppose
>> she should start hacking on the Evolution source next :)
>
> [various ways to get an address book]
>
> [...] passwd files, it's all kinda there really.

Why would I pull a list of (local) users from a password file to send mail
to... consideringa I am about to wipe the machine clean :)

> Of course all this is just in good fun as I'm sure most people here
> realise

Absolutly, I wouldn't know how to build an RPM :) The rest of it is easy...
writen LDAP clients before....   I would be fun.

I have been VERY tempted for a long time to try and write a Linux installer
that runs from a webpage. Visit http://go-linux.com/ and let it do the rest
:) Hmmm, but I have about a million "I wanna do a BLAH" projects, and about,
oh, no free time.... :)

I know, I should write a web-based database of them so people can pick a
project to do when bored.... hell - see, there's another idea I don't have
time to impliment :)

> - but there's always one or two who think we're hard bend on
> destroying the world when saying these sorts of things...

Like Microsoft? <G,D&R>

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk