Offtopic - Re: [Gllug] Geforce2

mriscott at yahoo.co.uk mriscott at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 11:03:08 UTC 2002

>I'm from Sweden and was a bit happier paying taxes there. I'm not that
>happy now when my current tax payments fund nuclear weapons among other
>things.
>
>I realise voting wont make a major change, but I'm happy if it keeps the
>conservatives at bay. Real changes always starts outside parliament. I'm
>all for direct action and NGO:s.
>
>/Roger, organised
My feeling is that voting *can* make a major change, it just takes
time - mainly because you have to convince a lot of other people.
Changing opinions takes time.  For instance, few would vote for a
party that endorsed slavery or denied the vote to women these days -
whereas this was general political thinking a century ago.  Similarly,
15 years ago plenty of people would have accepted that a vote for
labour was a wasted vote.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk