[Gllug] Geforce2

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jan 23 11:48:04 UTC 2002

On Tuesday, 22 Jan 2002, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
>Mike Brodbelt(mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk):
>>P.S. If anyone hadn't guessed, nVidia are a pet hate of mine. If using
>>binary only software to gain better hardware support was an acceptable
>>compromise, I'd be running Windows. IMO, nVidia's "support" does the
>>linux community no favours whatsoever.
>But, without the closed source drivers there would be no attempt at a
>gamers linux OS.

If RMS had been willing to use proprietary software for temporary
gain, there'd be no GNU/Linux OS at all. It's just as defective a
strategy now as it was then.

>nVidia are 3D GFX now.  no if's buts or maybes.

ATI's Radeon isn't much behind; and they'll make more money if people
buy their cards and not Nvidia's; also sending a valuable message to
Nvidia.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk