[Gllug] Wireless cards -PC world

Jake Jellinek jj at positive-internet.com
Tue Jan 1 20:24:02 UTC 2002

Come within half a mile (or so) of my house, use DHCP and you'll be
broadband surfing without any need to authenticate. Sniff all my clear text
traffic if you like.

Noone in the area seems to have discovered this yet though, been running it
like this for about a year, never had a single unexpected DHCP request (or
sign of unusual network activity).

I wonder how many other people are doing similar things around London. Not
that there's anything of particular interest within half a mile of my
house. I keep meaning to go to the local cafe with a laptop though and see
if it actually works.

I saw these wireless cards at Brentford too, but figured even half price at
PC World is usually more expensive than you can find mail order somewhere,
and since I had no immediate need for more cards...still I'll probably
regret it later. I liked the look of the USB option too.

Jake.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk